The 2018-19 version of the Doppelgänger Split has been upgraded this year. Shape and profile remain the same, but a lot has changed inside. The poplar wood core was replaced by a balsa version and the fiberglass lamination by a mixture of carbon and basalt fibers.
Nitro Doppelganger 18-19
Ascent: The Nitro Doppelgänger Split remains a versatile board with increased ascent performance due to reduced weight.
Downhill: Also on the downhill it shows its great versatility in powder as well as in demanding terrain under all conditions. The camber comes along prominently and the board wants to be actively ridden with some strength in your legs.
Snow conditions during the tests: from 20-30 cm powder to wind blowing to groomed slope.
Bindings during the tests: Plum and Spark
Boots: Deeluxe and Fitwell
The doppelgänger at the long-term test:
After two years of use, even with one or the other more ambitious alpinistic goal, you can already see that the board has lost a bit of pop. From the feeling the board has lost 10-20% of the stiffness compared to the first descent. This is mainly noticeable in hard downhill and uphill conditions. The downhill performance is otherwise still sensationally good!
The 2018-19 version of the Doppelgänger Split has been upgraded this year. Shape and profile remain the same, but a lot has changed inside. The poplar wood core was replaced by a balsa version and the fiberglass lamination by a mixture of carbon and basalt fibers. Thus the board has become approx. 200 g lighter compared to the previous model. Nitros Hike Pods technology supports you with effective edge grip in the ascent. It helps a little at sketchy places where you need a little more edge grip. The system is most similar to Arbors Grip Tech. The edge is flattened in the middle of the board and does not follow the sidecut radius. The board has lots of camber and together with the Directional Mid-Wide Shape it gives you the necessary precision and energy for your ride through any terrain. Another positive aspect is the discreet screw connection of the Nitro Aluminium Hooks. Just like the Jones boards with Boltless Bridge there are no screws on the underside of the board.
The Doppelgänger in action:
Video Presentation von Nitro:
- Koroyd Core: The ultra light balsa wood core reduces the weight of the board for a solid run with lots of pop and control.
- Sintered Speed Formula HD Base: Absolute precision - High degree of hardness - Long service life - Maximum speed
- Progressive Sidecut: Enables easy and fast curve initiation with enough energy for the next trick
- Hike Pods: Increased edge hold and support during ascent
- Tip and Tail Locks: Extremely durable plastic and stainless steel parts. Removable for board service. Provides a secure connection when riding.
- T7075 Aluminium Hooks: Durable, reliable and trustworthy
- Shape: Directional Splitboard
- Flex: All Terrain
- Preload: Cam-Out Camber
- Width : Mid-Wide