The Jones Ultracraft is together with the Amplid Milligram one of the lightest, carbon-fiber splitboards available on the market.
Jones Ultracraft 17-18
Splitboard Test Results
In powder it rides similar to the Hovercraft. Extremely floaty it offers lots of fun no matter if you ride your next tree run, steep couloir or in open terrain. The Ultracraft is one of the best boards currently available on the market. Only the high price was pivotal for not getting an entry into our Splitboarding Editors Selection 2017/2018.
Ascent: The Jones Ultracraft is very stiff and delivers outstanding edge hold. The ideal candidate for multiple day tours in high-alpine terrain or any splitboard expedition where every gram counts.
The Jones Ultracraft is together with the Amplid Milligram one of the lightest, carbon-fiber splitboards available on the market. Despite its low weight, the split is rock-solid on descent as the directional rocker nose delivers float while stiff tail offers powerful board control. The Ultracraft Split is built with the most advanced materials available today, including a TeXtreme Carbon topsheet, an ULTRA ISOcore and a Sintered ULTRA base that’s modified with fluoro and paraffin based additives for better glide and increased durability. The Ultracraft Split features Bolt-less Bridge which eliminates base hardware and new Karakoram Ultra Clips for improved connection between board halves.
New in 2017-18 season: advanced new fiberglass that improves strength. Otherwise no new construction changes compared to last season.
Jones Ultracraft Split Profile:
Jones Ultracraft Specs:
- Directional Shape / Swallow Tail
- Rocker-Camber-Rocker Profile
- Ultra Iso Core a foam/fiberglass composite with additional beech stringers - stiff as wood but 15% lighter
- TeXtreme Carbon - for additional weight savings of 20-30%
- Mellow Magne-Traction for increased edgehold
- Mellow Magne-Traction on the inner edges
- Sintert Ultra Base made from UHMW-PE - for better glide and increased durability
- Fusion Tech Topsheet - ultra durable epoxy layer for additional weight savings
- Oversized Steeledges - for additional durability
- Karakoram Ultra Clips
- Quick Tension Tail Clip - eliminates the need for a additional skin tail clip