The Jones Solution is the splitboard twin to the Jones Flagship Solidboard. For the 2020-21 season there have been some revisions: The new Solution has a slightly wider and longer nose and therefore more taper. Since this season the board has a kind of spoon shape in the nose and tail area.
Jones Solution Split 20-21
This year we are convinced of the Jones Solution. Especially the implementation of the 3D nose and some adjustments to the shape have increased both downhill and uphill performance. The weight is in the leading range, although not ultra light. This ensures durability and a safe riding experience even in less optimal conditions.
Ascent: The 3D Nose was of course of particular interest to us during the ascent. Does the board slip away at the front when it's getting rough or does it hold anyway? Now that we have tested it in different conditions and like the other boards up to 40° in hard snow, we are convinced that the contact points are perfectly placed and the board performs very solidly in the ascent. As with almost all splitboards, the balance point of the new Solution is well set and kickturns work smoothly even in steep terrain. As expected, the new Solution will rank among the best splitboards of the 20-21 season.
Descent: The new Jones Solution is top. Very lively and nimble, yet stable and thanks to the 3D nose, completely new riding qualities emerge in powder. The float is noticeably better, making surfing in powdered water even easier and thus increasing the fun factor. Even if it gets steeper and the conditions are less "surfy", we trust in the new Solution. The edges hold in every situation. Jones' investment in a complete redesign of the board has truly paid off.
The Jones Solution is the splitboard twin to the Jones Flagship Solidboard. For the 2020-21 season there have been some revisions: The new Solution has a slightly wider and longer nose and therefore more taper. Since this season the board has a kind of spoon shape in the nose and tail area. The sides are raised by about 7 mm, like a boat or spoon. So you gain additional agility and the initiation of turns becomes a breeze. The Solution Split has a smooth Magne Traction and a directional rocker shape. This, combined with the blunt nose (i.e. lots of surface area in the nose section) provides a good cocktail for a lot of flotation, good edge control and fun while riding switch. If your backcountry needs require an allconditions splitboard, the Solution is the right solution.
It comes with Karakoram Ultra-Clips and Karakoram Tip-Lock nose and tail clips. So if you have found the right binding or use your binding with the Voile Slidertracks, all you need is a good skin to go on a discovery tour.
Jones Solution 3D Spoon Shape:
Jones Solution Profile & Shape:
Solution Split Specs:
- Directional Rocker: Camber between the bindings, rocker in front, soft rocker in the back.
- Mellow Magne-Traction: More lateral support through multiple contact points along the board edge.
- Quick Tension Tail: Integrated mounting system for climbing skins.
- Blunt Nose: A snowboard with a relatively "blunt" tip has more lift than a pointed board of the same length. Therefore the Jones is buoyant and agile at the same time!
- 3D Contour Base: The sides are raised by approx. 7 mm in the nose and tail area like a spoon.
- Progressive Sidecut: Greater radius towards the ends - so turns can be initiated more smoothly.
- Flip Flop Base: Different base combinations reduce Jones plastics consumption in the interests of sustainability.
- Master Core: Premium wood core made of light poplar and paulownia wood. The good damping properties are particularly noteworthy.
- Triax Fiberglass
- Flachs Basalt Stringers: give the Solution more pop and response
- Sintered 9990: The fastest, most resistant base from Jones.
- Recycled ABS Sidewalls
- Wend Natural Wax:Jones snowboards are waxed at factory with Wend Natural Wax.
- Eco-Plastic Topsheet. The resin is obtained from beans. The material is very scratch-resistant and reduces snow adhesion.
- Robust Oversize Recycled Edges
- Karakoram Ultra Clips