The Mind Expander Split is designed for the creative rider who wants to draw their lines in an agile and playful way while riding through the backcountry.
Jones Mind Expander 19-20
Last year, Jones' Mind Expander convinced in the downhill, but there were some challenges in the ascent that reduced the range of use. Jones worked on it and almost eliminated this shortcoming with the new carbon stringers. So you can now be easier on steeper terrain, but of course you should always have the crampons with you.
In the descent, especially in powder, the qualities of the Mind Expander come into their own. Here, as the name suggests, a completely new, extremely surfing feeling is achieved, a feeling that is a lot of fun. The Mind Expander Split is perfect for making short easy climbs near the slopes and surfing the untracked lines, as well as discovering the further backcountry, equipped with crampons. Versatile and ultra playful, the Mind Expander is a board you should have in your quiver.
Due to the extraordinary downhill performance we decided to award the Mind Expander with the Splitboarding Selection this year.
The Mind Expander Split is designed for the creative rider who wants to draw their lines in an agile and playful way while riding through the backcountry. Designed by surf shaper Chris Christenson together with Jeremy Jones, the Mind Expander Split features a Christenson surf rocker profile and a blunt nose for epic power lift as well as a full-size tail for true freestyle performance.
The unique shape is combined with a short sidecut for fast turns between dense trees and Inner/Outer Traction Tech 1.0 edges for improved traction on icy skin tracks or hard descents. The Mind Expander Split also features the Boltless Bridge and Karakoram Ultra Clips for unsurpassed torsional board connection in ride mode.
New for 2020, rounded recycled ABS sidewalls have been added for increased top sheet durability.
- Flip Flop Base: Producing two or more base color options minimizes p-tex waste. Order may be filled with either color. Color does not vary by size.
- Sintered 9900: Made from Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMW-PE) and Carbon. This ultra-fast base is easy to repair thanks to the UHMW-PE.
- Wend Natural Wax: Jones boards are ready to shred straight out of the shop and are factory waxed with WEND natural wax.
- Biax Fiberglass: A dual-direction, dual-layer, stitched fiberglass laminate that provides a fun, forgiving and snappy ride.
- Factory Tuned: All Jones Snowboards are factory de-tuned at the tip and tail so you can go right from the shop to the mountain.
- Oversized Recycled Edges: All Jones boards are made with oversized recycled steel edges for added durability and improved production sustainability.
- Karakoram Ultra Clip: ULTRA clips are the strongest, lowest profile splitboard clips in the world. They deliver unmatched compression between board halves and they are adjustable so you can maintain even compression as your splitboard ages.
- The Bridge Tech: The Bolt-less Bridge eliminates split clip attachment hardware from the base of the board by re-profiling the wood core at the clips. The wood core under the clips is thicker providing better torsional stifness and a more powerful connection at the split clips.
- Recycled Rounded ABS: New rounded sidewall finish that improves board durability by protecting top sheet from chipping. Available on all splitboards and Surf Series models.
- Eco Plastic Topsheet: Bio-plastic topsheet made from Castor beans. This eco-material is ultralight, chip/scratch resistant and water/snow repellent (snow sticks less to topsheet)
- Super Sap Bio Resin: All Jones boards are now built with bio-based, renewable epoxy instead of petroleum based epoxy. The raw materials used to make Super Sap Bio-Resin are co-products or waste products of other plant-based industrial processes. Producing Super Sap requires 33% less greenhouse gas emissions than conventional epoxy.
- FSC™ Control Split Core: Dual-density full premium wood core designed specifically for split boards 2:1 paulownia to poplar stringer ratio keeps core light yet ultra damp.