The Jones Carbon Solution is built for riders with strong legs who like to throttle turns at top speed and push the limits of what’s possible in the backcountry.
Jones Carbon Solution 18-19
Ascent: The comparatively low weight saves energy during ascent. The camber to tail provides good edge hold during ascent and descent. The forward pull is similar to his smaller brother, the solution, very good.
Descent: If it's getting steep and in deep powder then the true qualities surface to light and even with wet or hard packed snow you can hike and ride it pretty well. The Carbon Solution requires good riding skills and legs of steel in order to ride it clean. It got even more stable due to the 3D profile at the position of the connectors.
Snow conditions while testing: from 20-30 cm of powder to hardpack and slopes
Used Bindings: Plum und Spark
Boots: Deeluxe und Fitwell
The Jones Carbon Solution is built for riders with strong legs who like to throttle turns at top speed and push the limits of what’s possible in the backcountry. It is the most stable, damp and responsive splitboard in the Jones line.The Carbon Solution uses 2X Textreme Carbon instead of a traditional topsheet and a featherweight but burly ULTRA ISOcore that’s borrowed from World Cup race skis. A refined inner/outer edge Mellow Magne-traction profile ramps up the edging power going up or down and the new Bolt-less Bridge plus Karakoram Ultra Clips improve torsional board lock. The Carbon Solution comes without holes in the base and minor adjustments to improve performance. The wood core got reshaped so the connection between the board halfs got even better.
The Carbon Solution is hand-sorted and as certified limited edition available. This justifies the quite high price.
Video Presentation Jones Carbon Solution
- Directional Shape
- Rocker-Camber-Rocker Profile
- Ultra Iso Core a foam/fiberglass composite with additional beech stringers - stiff as wood but 15% lighter
- TeXtreme Carbon - for additional weight savings of 20-30%
- Mellow Magne-Traction for increased edgehold
- Mellow Magne-Traction on the inner edges
- Sintert Ultra Base made from UHMW-PE - for better glide and increased durability
- Fusion Tech Topsheet - ultra durable epoxy layer for additional weight savings
- Oversized Steeledges - for additional durability
- Karakoram Ultra Clips
- Quick Tension Tail Clip - eliminates the need for a additional skin tail clip
- Lengths 162, 165 as wide version for snowboarders with larger foot sizes (US 10.5+)
- Bolt-Less Bridge