The Carbon Solution is built for riders with strong legs who like to throttle turns at top speed and push the limits of what’s possible in the backcountry.
Jones Carbon Solution 17-18
Splitboard Test Results
Ascent: The comparatively low weight saves energy during ascent. The camber to tail provides good edge hold during ascent and descent. The forward pull is similar to his smaller brother, the solution, very good.
Descent: If it's getting steep and in deep powder then the true qualities surface to light and even with wet or hard packed snow you can hike and ride it pretty well. The Carbon Solution requires good riding skills and legs of steel in order to ride it clean.
Schneebeschaffenheit bei den Tests: from 20-30 cm of powder to hardpack and slopes
Bindungen bei den Tests: SP und Spark
Boots: Deeluxe und Fitwell
The Carbon Solution is built for riders with strong legs who like to throttle turns at top speed and push the limits of what’s possible in the backcountry. It is the most stable, damp and responsive splitboard in the Jones line.The Carbon Solution uses 2X Textreme Carbon instead of a traditional topsheet and a featherweight but burly ULTRA ISOcore that’s borrowed from World Cup race skis. A refined inner/outer edge Mellow Magne-traction profile ramps up the edging power going up or down and the new Bolt-less Bridge plus Karakoram Ultra Clips improve torsional board lock. No changes in construction in this years version.
- Directional Shape
- Rocker-Camber-Rocker Profile
- Ultra Iso Core a foam/fiberglass composite with additional beech stringers - stiff as wood but 15% lighter
- TeXtreme Carbon - for additional weight savings of 20-30%
- Mellow Magne-Traction for increased edgehold
- Mellow Magne-Traction on the inner edges
- Sintert Ultra Base made from UHMW-PE - for better glide and increased durability
- Fusion Tech Topsheet - ultra durable epoxy layer for additional weight savings
- Oversized Steeledges - for additional durability
- Karakoram Ultra Clips
- Quick Tension Tail Clip - eliminates the need for a additional skin tail clip
- Lengths 162, 165 as wide version for snowboarders with larger foot sizes (US 10.5+)