When it's time to explore, the Spark XV is the right choice. Designed by Xavier de Le Rue, the boot offers exceptional stability, lively board feel and precise control when walking, splitboarding and riding.
Deeluxe Spark XV 19-20
Like the past two years, the Deeluxe Spark XV is a very comfortable splitboard boot optimized for the riding experience. The pre-shaped collar on the calf allows larger steps and makes walking very comfortable. The durability has also been increased by the rubber protection at the bottom. The stable outer material provides more abrasion resistance in demanding terrain. For a comparison with other splitboard shoes, take a look at our test of the past season.
Here are our personal results from this boot. The durability got increased by the new outer material and the boot sourrounding rubber strap.
- Comfort: 7 (with Thermoliner 9)
- Power transmission: 7
- Heel support: 7
- Boardfeel: 10
- Weight: 9
- Quality: 7
When it's time to explore, the Spark XV is the right choice. Designed by Xavier de Le Rue, the boot offers exceptional stability, lively board feel and precise control when walking, splitboarding and riding. This is a splitboard boot with backwelt for mounting semi-automatic crampons. Very light and comfortable, you have good ride comfort and little underfoot weight when climbing.
Deeluxe offers three different thermoliners:
- Thermo Flex Premium Liner - that can be heat-formed to your feet with new microfiber lining and an extra powerstrap
- Thermo Flex Liner - that can be heat-formed to your feet as well
- Peformance Flex Liner - is not heat formed but comfortable as well
- A rubber band maximizes durability and traction when walking through rocky terrain.
- A base protects the lacing clips from going off when touching rocks.
- Pre-shaped XLS collar extends the shell’s range of motion to -5° for additional comfort and longer strides while skinning.
The Deeluxe lacing system allows you to adjust two separate lacings to your needs. The Vibram sole gives you an amazing ride feeling and when boot packing a lot of support and grip in rocky terrain.
Dupont Surlyn Highback
Waterproof Construction: ensures water cannot penetrate the boot's shell
D-Tex Membrane: keeps your feet breathable, warm and dry
Powerstrap: additional support in the upper part of the boot
C3 Lacing: two separte lacings can be adjusted to your needs
XLS: An smaller strap at the rear offers, when opened, longer strides while skinning
Optional TPs shield: to strengthen the boots tongue and providing stiffer flex
Performance Rating: 8
Flex rate: 7..9