Plum's top model, the Feyan Carbon, has established itself as one of the best performing alpine splitboard bindings on the market. It differs from the backcountry models by the simplified baseplate, which makes it even lighter.
Plum Feyan 18-19
What did we like while testing the Plum Feyan 17-18?
- The new Baseplates, got almost one chocolate bar lighter
- The new buckles, doesn't slip anymore, this is a great improvement if you like it tight
- The U-Profile which encloses the axis - gives great stability and edge pressure ascending
- The fixation of the little safety hook at the lever - easy handling while closing your binding
- The enclosing highbacks which give aditional stability and edgehold at challenging traverses
- The Ski-Mode works amazing
- The Design and super high quality processing
- Made in Chez Nous
What we didn't like?
- The mounting of the binding, luckily it only has to be done once
If you want to know more details just post your questions under the article!
Plum's top model, the Feyan Carbon, has established itself as one of the best performing alpine splitboard bindings on the market. It differs from the backcountry models by the simplified baseplate, which makes it even lighter. By actively contracting the board halves, the Plum creates an optimal connection, torsional stiffness and power transmission.
The carbon highback offers ideal hold without unnecessary compression, better torsional strength and allows precise guidance of the board. In walk mode the highback allows a negative angle of -5°, for downhill the forward lean can be changed from 0° to 20° very quickly.
The conversion from split to ride mode takes place quickly in a few steps and of course also works with gloves.
The Plum Feyan is available in three sizes, S (37-41), M (39-42) and L (41-47+).
and here the presentation of last season again, this year the Feyan has continued with the fine-tuning... and with a not insignificant reduction of the price.
- CNC machined Alloy block 7075 T6
- Angle adjustment +35°/-35° Bigger stance amplitude thanks to adjoined holes
- The tour mode axle is built on a bronze pad cover by Teflon to increase durability and smooth turning Its construction allows a complete natural rolling movement, also for big foot size
- Dual heel riser Easy heel locker Straps and Highbacks
- Quick change between ascent and descent mode Locking the binding on the descent interface to tighten the 2 skis together
- The design of descent interface and binding makes the engagement easy, even with snow on the board