The Plum Feyan is established as one of the most performance oriented bindings at the market. This year it got a new baseplate which makes it even lighter and stromger. It is effective under all conditions in the mountains tested and developed in the beautiful and tough area of Chamonix.
Plum Feyan 17-18
Splitboard Test Results
What did we like while testing the Plum Feyan 17-18?
- The new Baseplates, got almost one chocolate bar lighter
- The new buckles, doesn't slip anymore, this is a great improvement if you like it tight
- The U-Profile which encloses the axis - gives great stability and edge pressure ascending
- The fixation of the little safety hook at the lever - easy handling while closing your binding
- The enclosing highbacks which give aditional stability and edgehold at challenging traverses
- The Ski-Mode works amazing
- The Design and super high quality processing
- Made in Chez Nous
What we didn't like?
- The mounting of the binding, luckily it only has to be done once
- The price of 848€ insteat of 699 last year - regarding the production and the quality it is understandable
If you want to know more details just post your questions under the article!
The Plum Feyan is established as one of the most performance oriented bindings at the market. This year it got a new baseplate which makes it even lighter and stromger. It is effective under all conditions in the mountains tested and developed in the beautiful and tough area of Chamonix. Even Xavier de le Rue is riding a model of this one. It offers a real comfort during the ascent through the slightly negative angle of the spoiler that provides better leg lengthening. At the top, a quick and easy manipulation of a few seconds, enough to assemble the two skis together. For the descent it is true snowboard bindings that you find at your feet. 3 positions spoiler are possible during your ride and a wide heel-cup setting ensures a perfect fit to your boots. Available in sizes S / M and M / L.
Plum Feyan Splitboard Binding Details:
The most important parameters regarding a great Splitboard Binding are simplicity and boardfeeling on the hike as well as on the ride.
There is only one mechanism, which allows you to lock from the hike to the ride mode in a single gesture with your gloves on.
2 versions: one with injected Highback and one with carbon Highback & WOR (Walk Or Ride)
2 sizes: S/M : 27 to 30 cm external boot sole length and 10,8 cm max width
M/L : 29 to 34 cm external boot sole length and 11,5 cm max width
3 colors: orange – blue – black
Feyan Updates 2018, presented by Tal the developer strating at min. 2:00:
- CNC machined Alloy block 7075 T6
- Angle adjustment +35°/-35° Bigger stance amplitude thanks to adjoined holes
- The tour mode axle is built on a bronze pad cover by Teflon to increase durability and smooth turning Its construction allows a complete natural rolling movement, also for big foot size
- Dual heel riser Easy heel locker Straps and Highbacks
- Quick change between ascent and descent mode Locking the binding on the descent interface to tighten the 2 skis together
- The design of descent interface and binding makes the engagement easy, even with snow on the board