The Eterlou is a comfortable, solid and precise backcountry binding without being too demanding. With the Injection Molded Highbacks it feels more comfortable on the foot than the high-end model Feyan, both on the ascent and the descent.
Plum Eterlou 18-19
What did we like while testing the Plum Eterlou?
- The new buckles are good and doesn´t slip
- The U-Profile which encloses the axis - gives good stability and edge pressure while ascending
- The fixation of the little safety hook at the lever - easy handling while closing your binding
- The enclosing highbacks which give aditional stability and edgehold at challenging traverses
- The Ski-Mode works amazing
- The Design and super high quality processing
- Made in Chez Nous
What we didn't like?
- The mounting of the binding, luckily it only has to be done once
If you want to know more details just post your questions under the article!
The Eterlou is a comfortable, solid and precise backcountry binding without being too demanding. With the Injection Molded Highbacks it feels more comfortable on the foot than the high-end model Feyan, both on the ascent and the descent. She is still one of the best performing splitboard bindings, but no longer the top model of Plum. By pulling the board halves together, it creates an optimal connection, torsional stiffness and power transmission. Simplicity, board feel and ascent performance are trademarks of this binding. The "ears" on the highback enclose the shoe well and thus the power can be transferred well during the ascent.
The conversion from split to ride mode takes place in a few simple steps and in the shortest possible time. Of course also with gloves.
The Highback can be adjusted with a light "Backward-Lean" approx. 8 degrees, for larger steps uphill.
Plum offers the Eterlou in the sizes M (39-42) and L (41-47+), crampons extra.
- CNC machined Alloy block 7075 T6
- Angle adjustment +35°/-35° Bigger stance amplitude thanks to adjoined holes
- The tour mode axle is built on a bronze pad cover by Teflon to increase durability and smooth turning Its construction allows a complete natural rolling movement, also for big foot size
- Dual heel riser Easy heel locker Straps and Highbacks
- Salomon Quantum 3 spoiler angles : 1 for hiking and 2 for riding
- Quick change between ascent and descent mode Locking the binding on the descent interface to tighten the 2 skis together
- The design of descent interface and binding makes the engagement easy, even with snow on the board