Völkl Untrac 14-15
Testers StatementWell balanced Freeride Splitboard for all terrains and varieties.
Riding Style / Field of use
Perfect technical alignment gives the board incredible hiking and riding performance. The Untrac is super cruisy and exactly controlable in all conditions and terrain. As usual for Völkl, the finishing is excellent and sustainability important.
WINNER OF THE SPLITBOARDING EDITORS SELECTION
The 2014-15 launched Völkl Untrac Split is your VIP pass into the untouched backcountry! Völkl has combined it´s development knowledge of Snowboards and Touring-Skis to release this one of a kind Splitboard (100% engeineered in Germany).
Untrac in the snow
The Untrac makes untracked paradise that bit more accessible. The Skin Pin System in the new Vacuum Base Skins makes their handling incredibly easy, even in the wet or in difficult terrain. The new Freeride Hybrid Shape provides more traction on the ascent, especially in icy traverses, and when riding down the combination of rocker and camber allows for safe maneuvering in steep couloirs and changing snow conditions.
Thanks to Untrac’s special shape, with rocker in the nose and tail, the board floats on top of the snow, yet still rides dynamically even if you are riding a model that is 10 cm longer than usual. Ease of hiking isn’t just about the skins but also comes down to weight, so the under belt of Premium Carbon and a special Non-Stick Topsheet are of great benefit too. This VIP pass may give you access to powder heaven but be sure to respect nature as well as your own personal safety.
Untrac Base in the snow
- perfect float & extra grip - new Freeride Hybrid Shape
- easy handling - Völkl Skin Pin-System & pre-mounted Voilé Split Kit
- relaxed hiking - custom made Vacuum Base Skins
- light weight - Völkl Premium Carbon / POP4.0
- robust & stable - Shock Absorber & TPU dampening
- Back-screened topsheet
- Ultra-light topsheet
- Matte topsheet
- Tip-to-Tail Supreme Woodcore
- Slim-Tip construction
- Shock Absorber
- Directional Freeride Sidecut
- Freeride Hybrid Shape
- 6x2 Insert System for Voilé Split Kit bindings
- Voilé Split Kit with dual height climbing heels
- Sidewall reinforcement with TPU dampening
- Sandwich construction
- Aluminum protector
- Triaxial fiberglass weave in upper and lower beam
- V-Flex fiberglass weave
- Völkl Premium Carbon weave / POP4.0
- Sintered base
- Fine stone finish
- Völkl Skin Pin system
- Custom-fit vacuum base climbing skins & skin bag with micro fleece
- Diamond finish
- Wax finish
- Crampons Voilé Interface (optional)
- Crampons Völkl Fastec Splitec Alu bindings (optional)
- Touristick Vario telescope sticks (optional)
Freeride Hybrid Shape (Profile):
Especially developed for freeriding, the widest bits of the nose and tail are shifted towards the middle, shortening the effective edge length. Camber between the bindings still ensures great grip on the edges, even in icy traverses and at high speeds. Rocker in the nose and tail adds great floatation and turning characteristics, making switch riding and freestyle tricks playfully easy. The right shape for everyone taking to the backcountry and appreciating the combination of edge hold, maneuverability and maximized lift in powder.