The Deeluxe XV is still a riding optimized Splitboard Boot. The boardfeel is amazing and the shaped collar is great. You can do longer strides and the comfort while hiking got better as well. Also the durability got better due to the rubber strap at the base of the boot. The sewing is now well protected against rocks as well as against the binding rubbing on the way up.
If you want to see the Deeluxe XV compared to other Splitboard Boots you can check out our comparison test from last season.
Here are our personal results from this boot. The durability seems to be increased.
- Comfort: 7 (with Thermoliner 9)
- Power transmission: 7
- Heel support: 7
- Boardfeel: 10
- Weight: 9
- Quality: 7
The Deeluxe XV is a light and comfortable splitboarding boot with backwelt for semi-automatic crampons mounting. Deeluxe offers three different thermoliners:
- Thermo Flex Premium Liner - that can be heat-formed to your feet with new microfiber lining and an extra powerstrap
- Thermo Flex Liner - that can be heat-formed to your feet as well
- Peformance Flex Liner - is not heat formed but comfortable as well
New in this season:
- A rubber band maximizes durability and traction when walking through rocky terrain.
- A new base protects the lacing clips from going off when touching rocks.
- Pre-shaped XLS collar extends the shell’s range of motion to -5° for additional comfort and longer strides while skinning.
The Deeluxe lacing system allows you to adjust two separate lacings to your needs. The Vibram sole gives you an amazing ride feeling and when boot packing a lot of support and grip in rocky terrain.
Dupont Surlyn Highback
Waterproof Construction: ensures water cannot penetrate the boot's shell
D-Tex Membrane: keeps your feet breathable, warm and dry
Powerstrap: additional support in the upper part of the boot
C3 Lacing: two separte lacings can be adjusted to your needs
Optional TPs shield: to strengthen the boots tongue and providing stiffer flex
Performance Rating: 8
Flex rate: 7..9