Karakoram is your high performance splitboard binding producer.
They revised their models and come with good features and attractive colors.
The SL is the top model and also available as carbon version.
Karakoram has set itself the goal to reach high performance while riding and hiking, reducing the weight to the maximum. There are also some good features integrated in the 13-14 models, such as the negative forward lean, this brings advantages in sliding, if you make really big steps in tour mode and want to move forward quickly. There is a 90 ° rotating forwardlean "ON-OFF" button with which you can switch very quickly from "tourlean" to your favorit "ridinglean". The side walls are higher on the heel to give you more edge hold and stability while climbing and on the descent, the power transfer is optimized.
So you just have to get the Karakoram crampons, for aditional safety in challenging traverses.
The SL weighs 200 grams less than the 30 Split.
Splitboard Binding Karakoram SL / SL Carbon
- Ride Stride forward lean, by a 90 ° rotation of the "Forwardleand Adjusters" You get a "Backwardlean" with 8 ° which has advantages doing log steps while hiking.
- High Back Air Flow design that improves strenght / weight ratio
- 5 fixing points optimize the connection of the board halves
- The tour mode interface frees itself from the snow and is very stable
- The Tour Mode Axle system brings stifness and smooth turning
- The Heel Lock Down, allows the fixing of the binding on the board, so you can quickly skate out a flat section, or sideways overcome a steep passage in skiing style.
- The dual height riser allows two settings of the climbing aid
Check out the latest Karakoram vid as well:
- Carbon Fiber
- High Strength Aluminum Alloys
- Dupont Zytel