Karakoram has pushed the development further and this year there is a completely revised system called Karakoram Prime.
Approved features are preserved. The negative Forward Lean brings advantages when ascending. There is an "ON-OFF" button for the 90° rotating Forwardlean with which you can quickly switch from the efficient "Tourlean" to your favor "Ridinglean". The side walls of the heelcup are higher to give you more edge hold and stability while climbing and also the power transmission is improved. The heel lockdown is also remained.
The Karakoram Prime system is slimmer and lighter than ever, the binding is now easier to install and more pleasant to handle.
New is the Power Link, with which you can easily mount and unmount the binding.
There are four models, which differ in rigidity and weight.
- Prime Carbon Splitboard Binding: The high-end model, for the elite of snow and split boarders, as Karakoram says. The weight is 675g per binding, which are 1350g for both and 2030g with interface.
- Prime SL Splitboard Binding: Is light and stiff, for excellent performance and power transfer. Weight 695g including interface are 2070g.
- Prime Straightline Splitboard Binding: In the Karakoram Straightline they have combined the stiffest heelcup with the carbon highback. This binding is for you if you want to charge hard. The guys from Karakoram say "If your motto is point and destroy" then the Straightline is for you. Weight 785g x 2 + 680g makes 2240g for the interface. It is supplied with Interface for around € 700.
- Prime1 Splitboard Binding: It is the successor of the split 30 splitboard binding. So the most economic model for around € 650. Weight 800g and with interface 2280g.
- Of course, there is also a model for women, with a shorter base and a smaller heelcup.
The Prime Interface weighs 680g.
The weight can vary due to production tolerances.
The Karakoram crampons weight is(173g) and they are recommended for additional safety in challenging crossings.
If you want to use your Karakoram Prime for your solid board, you can get you the quiver connector.
Video-Presentation Karakoram Prime:
Best way to mount the Karakoram Prime:
You already have experience with this binding? Do not hesitate to post your comments.