It's time, Mammut has gone into business with the avalanche airbag. Now there is for freeriders, ski mountaineers and splitboard riders the highly regarded Mammut Nirvana Tour Ride with removable avalanche airbag system (Snowpulse) (RAS removable airbag system). The R.A.S. was developed by Snowpulse for efficient operation and reliable performance. The system can even be removed by the user and beeing attached to another RAS compatible backpack. The lightweight and compact system allows fast and efficient inflation of airbags and an intuitive manner. The avalanche airbag reduces the risk of an avalanche burial significantly, thereby increasing significantly the likelihood of survival. The need for the system pressure cartridge is sold separately at Mammut. The functional backpack with high wearing comfort is perfectly suited to all-mountain and freeriding. It is ideal for 1-day ski or snowboard tours. The suggested retail price is without cartridge.
In my opinion, the Nirvana pack could be a bit bigger regarding splitboard backcountry adventures, as the crampons are slightly larger. Good packed everything and little bit more enters for a 1-dayadventure.Check out the video so you can see how the Mammut Nirvana ABS Backpack works.
- Integrated avalanche airbag system R.A.S. (Removable air bag system); removable airbag system - a system for multiple packs (wide selection of backpacks for every application from autumn 2012)
- Easy-to-store release handle
- Safety leg strap
- 6mm aluminum V-frame, adaptable
- 2-layer, high density EVA back padding, hip and shoulder strap with stretch fabric
- Front pocket for avalanche safety equipment
- Diagonally, stowable ski attachment
- snowboard holder
- Two frontal attachment loops for material such as a helmet
- Soft lined goggle pocket
- Interior zip pocket with key clip
- Removable, padded hip belt
- SOS label with emergency instructions
- Hydration system compatible